Thursday 12 April 2012

Get studding.

So, I have never updated a piece of clothing by adding zips, or beads or chains. The most I've ever done is cut up a top for a fancy dress party - back in my uni days!
I feel like I need to join the cool club and put my own spin on a pair of denim shorts ready for the summer. 
So here are my short shorts! Last year's Topshop in case anybody was wondering...

And these are the studs I shall be adding...


I haven't decided where to put them yet, but once I've worked my magic I'll update! I'll also let you know how easy it is! If I can do it, so can you. (cringe, I know!)

I'm beginning to realise a lot of my posts are DIY - maybe I'll do a review soon, or comment on something political?? :) Just to mix things up!

6 comments:

  1. Great DIY
    Thank u for Stopping By my blog
    I'm following you back
    http://storytaleshop.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh! You should totally put the studs on the back pockets or cut up a part of the back pocket just so it would hang a little and then put studs on the inside of it.. I dunno if you can picture it with my confusing description though.. haha!

    Kisses! xxx

    ilikeyourears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks lush when people make a cross shape out of studs on the back pocket! Although i think any pattern you do will look awesome! Love to see what they look like when your finished! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I was thinking of cutting the back pocket!! Good idea :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm hoping the studs arrive soon! I'll keep you posted :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've just done a DIY post on bleaching.

    http://golddustk.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete