Monday 21 May 2012

Denim DIY

Firstly, I am SO SO SO sorry for the lack of posts recently. It's very very inconsiderate of me.
This full-time job thing is taking its toll, but I'm getting used to it, so blogging will now resume as normal I hope!

Now, about a month ago I posted an idea of mine (and everybodys) to DIY a pair of denim shorts with studs. The shorts are last years Topshop. I ordered the studs off ebay and there were so cheap! The only downside is that they came from Hong Kong so I've been waiting for over a month to get them. But it's worth the wait.

Before...plain jane. 


After..



I decided to keep the look simple and not go too overboard. It's really easy to do, so it's very tempting to just 'keep on studding!'. 
In terms of actually doing this - its so simple. You push the studs through the material and then bend the spikes down to secure them in place. 
BUT USE A POUND COIN! The spikes can start to hurt after a while. So using a coin is easier and less painful for your little pinkies!

It's a just a simple way to update a pair of shorts ready for the summer! And you can do it with any item of clothing, or even accessories. I might buy a cheap black clutch bag and spice it up a bit with a few studs! We shall see...

I promise to keep on posting guys and girls! Enjoy the beautiful warm evening tonight! This may be all the summer we get! 

Love.

1 comment:

  1. Looks great!
    Love your blog ;)
    xoxo
    The Land of Miabelle
    following

    ReplyDelete